The North American Chapter of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS-NA) has established an Excellence in Service Award to recognize members who have shown outstanding leadership and dedication to the objectives of the North American Chapter of the International Geosynthetic Society (IGS-NA) or the geosynthetics industry. Award recipients must be an IGS-NA member in good standing, or have been an IGS-NA Member at the time the services to be recognized were performed. Recipients may be individuals (one or more than one), corporations, or students.
Those considered for the award shall have excelled with regard to one or more of the following criteria:
- Provided leadership in advancing geosynthetics education and research,
- Created opportunities to collect, evaluate and disseminate knowledge on all matters relevant to geosynthetics, and their application,
- Organization of technical conferences, seminars, and workshops,
- Advanced training of current users of geosynthetics,
- Advancement of the science and technology of geosynthetics and their applications
- Training future users of geosynthetics,
- Training geosynthetic educators,
- Promotion of geosynthetics as part of engineering curricula,
- Targeting impactful new Members of IGS-NA,
- Better communication with Members of IGS-NA,
- Enhanced partnerships with associated organizations.
The first edition of the award(s) will be presented at Geosynthetics 2019 in Houston, Texas. Nominations for award recipients may be made at any time by IGS-NA members or the IGS-NA Board of Directors with a deadline of October 1st, 2018. Please send your nominations to email@example.com.
Hundreds of people and dozens of companies have contributed to the evolution and success of IGS-NA (formerly NAGS) over the past 30+ years. Thus, with the establishment of this award, we have an opportunity to recognize a great number of deserving and outstanding members, peers, and friends. IGS-NA members are encouraged to submit nominations for people and corporations to be considered for the award.